Sathya Sai School seeks to provide quality education in a caring, secure and challenging environment, based on human values and a BOS NSW curriculum that integrates the philosophy of Sathya Sai Educare and uses the pedagogy of Integral Education.
The Enrolment Policy seeks to:
- Promote a fair and equitable approach to enrolment;
- Contribute to a learning environment that:
* Fosters the holistic development of the child.
* Enables children to progressively realize their individual potential.
* Helps each child to develop qualities, competencies and skills they need to contribute to society’s renewal.
1. SSS does not discriminate in relation to prospective students in particular by:
- failing to accept a person’s application for admission as a student;
- the way in which a person’s application is processed;
- the arrangements made for, or the criteria used in, deciding who should be offered admission as a student; or
- the terms on which a person is admitted as a student.
2. SSS does not discriminate in relation to current students, in particular by:
- in any variation of the terms of a student’s enrolment;
- by denying or limiting access to any benefit arising from the enrolment that is supplied by the school; or
- by treating a student unfavourably in any way in connection with the student’s training or instruction.
3. SSS aims to offer enrolment to all families seeking education for their children subject to the availability of a place, a signed application form and an agreement to abide by the school’s rules.
4. SSS seeks to establish that the expectations and commitments of the parents are consistent with the vision, values, goals, policies and resources of the School.
5. SSS complies with State and Commonwealth anti- discrimination legislation and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, ethnicity, sexual preference or marital status.
6. In considering all prospective enrolments, the School may ask parents to authorise the Principal or her/his delegate to contact:
- the principal of the student’s previous school to confirm information pertaining to the student; and/or
- any medical or other personnel considered significant for providing information pertaining to the needs of the student.